Watermelon and muskmelon are seasonal fruit that comes in summer season usually. In pregnancy everything is to be eaten with thought. There remains a fear that you may make a mistake which may harm the unborn child in the womb. Doubt starts in your mind whether this thing should be eaten or not. If you want to eat, how much should you eat? How to eat etcetera.
In this article, you will know whether you should or should not eat watermelon or muskmelon during pregnancy, how many benefits you will get, whether it will harm you?
Watermelon and muskmelon are seasonal things. It comes only in summer, so you can eat both these fruits during pregnancy and they also give you benefits. But you should know their right quantity, the right way, because if you do not know the right way of eating them, do not know the right quantity, then it can also harm you in a very bad way.
So let us first know what are its benefits.
Highlights of Article
Helps in Urinary Tract Infection
Women who have UTI problem( urinary tract infection) during pregnancy then watermelon and muskmelon eliminate that thing as well. So if you also have the problem of urine infection at the time of pregnancy, then you can eat watermelon and muskmelon.
The problem of constipation is very common during pregnancy. Means the problem of constipation starts increasing a lot. So eating watermelon and muskmelon keeps your stomach clean. You do not have problems with constipation
Both these things increase your immunity. This will help your body fight against viral infections, cold , cough and fever in better way.
Works on swelling
In pregnancy, you also have the problem of swelling in the hands and feet. Swelling in pregnancy occurs due to vein block, water retention, excessive weight gain. Eating cantaloupe and watermelon during pregnancy also ends this problem .
Along with this, both watermelon and muskmelon contain a lot of water, so that your body remains hydrated. If you consume both these things, then there is no shortage of water in your body. Together they are also helpful in detoxing the body.
Relief in Acidity
At the time of pregnancy, heartburn, gas problem starts. If there is burning sensation in the stomach many times, then the consumption of melon ends this thing.
During pregnancy many problems are seen on the skin, the problem of pimples, freckles and acne. Eating watermelon and muskmelon during pregnancy can correct that problem also.
These would be advantages but now it has some disadvantages too.
Disadvantages of melons during pregnancy
- If you eat watermelon and melon in excess, then it can increase the level of glucose in your blood, due to which you may have the problem of gestational diabetes.
- After this, the second thing that you have to keep in mind is that whenever you are eating watermelon and muskmelon, you have to eat fresh ones. You should not eat chopped watermelon or muskmelon for a long time, otherwise you may have problems like vomiting, nausea, dizziness, so whatever fruits you eat, eat them only fresh.
- Whenever you consume watermelon or muskmelon, then after that you do not have to drink water for 1 hour. If you drink water immediately after this, then you may have the problem of diarrhoea. That is why you should drink water at least 1 hour after eating it.
- Whenever you consume watermelon or melon, you should not eat anything made of milk for 1-2 hours.
- Detoxifying property is found in watermelon and muskmelon. So if you eat melons in excess, then they take out the good nutrition in your body as well. That’s why it is not to be eaten in large quantities.
How much to eat in a day
When it comes to how much watermelon or muskmelon you should eat, you can eat a big bowl full of watermelon or muskmelon in a day.
This was all in this article, if you enjoyed reading it then do subscribe to garbhgyan.com for more pregnancy notifications. Thanks for reading.